With the long waited WordPress 2.8 aka Baker being out, there is a ton of features including 2.8 being a way faster to use, widgets are remixed, some DB tables columns are dropped and JS script loader is improved. Experts and gurus have contributed with new tips to make the business even better.
Features, Tips and Tricks
- A full list of more than 180 new features, improvements, changes and upgrades. —WP Codex
- Build A WordPress 2.8 Widget With The New Widget API —WPEngineer
- The Improved WordPress Widget API —WP Codex
- The complete guide to creating widgets in WordPress 2.8 —Justin Tadlock
- Tutorial: WordPress 2.8 Widget API —Jesse Altman
- Custom taxonomies in WordPress 2.8 —Justin Tadlock
- Tag description in WordPress 2.8 —Justin Tadlock
- WordPress 2.8 and the
body_class()Function —Nathan Rice
- Authentication in WordPress 2.8 —Will Norris
- Handling Plugins Options in WordPress 2.8 with
- WordPress 2.8 – XML-RPC and AtomPub Changes —Joseph Scott
- List of Plugins Compatible with WordPress 2.8 —WP Codex
- WordPress Proxysupport —WPEngineer
- Escaping API updates for WordPress 2.8 —Mark Jaquith
- Displaying Author Meta Information in WordPress 2.8 —Zach Dunn
the_author_meta()in WordPress Codex —WP Codex
I know there are tons of talks around the new version but these are the only findings I discovered during the development releases of WordPress 2.8.
If you have suggestions and/or some other posts I missed in this collection, please feel free to contribute them in the comments.
I hope you enjoyed with this post.